Discover all the exciting things to do around Midland, Texas! After your meeting at our on-site conference center, spend a little extra time exploring regional attractions such as George W Bush’s childhood home or Big Bend National Park. Catch a show at the Wagner Noel Performing Arts Center or head into the desert to explore Odessa. Whether you have an hour to spare or the full weekend, there’s lots of things to do around Midland, Texas to fill your day!
Keep your team together and book a room block at Grand Texan Hotel! We’re near several local softball fields, such as Beal Park, Mugs Softball Complex, and Doug Russell Park, as well as COM Aquatics, a facility which regularly hosts swimming tournaments. Midland College is also nearby, with a multi-use venue that hosts a variety of sports clinics and tournaments.
Cheer on the Midland Rockhounds! Calling the Scharbauer Sports Complex their home, come out for a game of minor league baseball at its finest.
Midland’s Favorite Events
Summertime events are one of our favorite things to do in Midland. Spend a beautiful day outside enjoying some of our favorite annual events.
- July: The West Texas Blowout has food trucks, a water park zone, and massive lineup of country and Tejano artists. Enjoy two full days of fun in the sun!
- August: Rock The Desert hosts the best of Christian music for a three-day outdoor festival, perfect for families and youth ministries.
- September: The Commemorative Air Force Airshow showcases vintage military aircraft and breathtaking aerial displays. Held annually at the Midland International Air & Space Port.
Points of Interest
Here’s some of our favorite things to do around Midland, Texas, as recommended by our local staff.
- Experience life during the 50s at George W Bush’s childhood home, and take a tour to hear trivia about 2 Presidents, 2 Governors, and a First Lady of the United States.
- Visit the Petroleum Museum to learn about the oil industry firsthand through interactive displays and exhibits of local artifacts.
- Museum Of The Southwest has displays on regional art, scientific discoveries, and archeology within the 1934 Turner Mansion.
- Big Sky Theater play 3 double features every night and this drive-in theater offers the perfect ambiance for an evening movie night.